(In chronogical order, starting from the bottom)
30 December 2008 (Beijing)
- United Garrulacinae into one page.
- Fixed miscellaneous errors.
29 December 2008 (Beijing)
- United Pycnonotidae into one page.
28 December 2008 (Beijing)
- Updated Acrocephalinae, Sylviinae, Psittaculidae, Halcyonidae, Bucerotidae, Upupidae, Trogonidae, Coraciidae, and Apodidae to include the Cheng 2002 worldwide list of birds. Added a few links to photos.
- Added notice to pages that have been converted.
- Created a whole lot more work for myself by deciding to amalgamate some of the pages that I had much earlier split up into bite-sized pieces. Started with Picidae, Acrocephalinae, and Cuculidae.
25 December 2008 (Beijing)
- Eliminated the Atlas of Birds of China as a source. All pre-Cheng 2000 bird names have been relegated to the "Other names" column. The result is a much cleaner table.
23 December 2008 (Beijing)
- Added a few images of books at the sources page. Unfortunately in-the-pipeline edits went up, too, wreaking havoc with the system of linking to sources (reference numbers have been changed). This will be rectified with the next major edit, hopefully before the end of the year.
18 December 2008 (Beijing)
- After looking at the site on a different computer, decided to get rid of that screaming shade of orange-pink that looks so good on my laptop.
17 December 2008 (Beijing)
- Sources of Passerine names have also been converted from small-script cryptic names like "ChengW", "ZGMCh", etc., into numbers that link directly to the source in the Sources page.
- Columns have now been converted to largely equal width.
- Fixed a few omissions, errors, added one Japanese species name (Stercorarius maccormicki).
16 December 2008 (Beijing)
- Sources of names have been converted from small-script cryptic names like "ChengW", "ZGMCh", etc., into numbers that link directly to the source in the Sources page, starting with the Non-passerines. However, there is a lot of work to be done updating the entire site so that the source of every single name is perfectly clear. The main problem is that many pages still only list sources where they vary from ZGM.
- Fixed unbelievable mistake (Sources page): The Pocket Checklist of the Birds of Singapore should have been The Pocket Checklist of the Birds of the Republic of Singapore. Don't know how I could have got that wrong with the book right in front of me!
15 December 2008 (Beijing)
- Added some comments to main sources at the Sources page.
14 December 2008 (Beijing)
- Added character 䳭 at Flycatchers.
13 December 2008 (Beijing)
12 December 2008 (Beijing)
Living in Ulaanbaatar meant that I didn't have my bird books with me, so no updates. I also wanted to spend a little time to try and learn Mongolian (abortive). At any rate, since I'm back in Beijing and have access to my books again, I can now resume improvements to the glossary.
- Put Taiwanese names into same column as mainland names. Slightly changed colour scheme; Taiwanese names are set apart within the column. Deleted Alopochen egyptiaca and Tadorna cristata as per the Checklist of Chinese birds (4). Google ad moved to a location below the title (although regrettably there is very little relevant advertising for visitors). A few other minor corrections.
世界鸟类分类与分布名录 主编：郑光美 科学出版社 北京 2002年
A Checklist on the Classification and Distribution of the Birds of the World Chief editor: Zheng Guangmei, Science Press, Beijing 2002